The Government Is Discussing Extending The Free Ration To Poor People 2023-2024
The Government is discussing extending the free ration for poor people till 30 September. The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana launched in March 2020 to serve 5 kg of food per person per month to about 80 crores. The heir is covered by the National Food Security Act. to help the people during the lockdown. This was over and above the normal allocation under the NFSA. The scheme has been extended several times and is now valid till September 30.
On the food ministry’s view on the extension, the secretary said: “These are big government decisions… the government will take a call on it.”The decision taken by the Government of India is an initiative. People were very cheerful while the Government is discussing. At the beginning of 2020-21, the PMGKAY scheme was announced only for three months from April, Ma,y, and June 2020 (Phase-I). Later, the government extended the scheme from July to November 2020 (Phase II).
At the beginning of covid, many people in India failed to serve their families. So many families are helpless during the covid and in the lockdown many people become jobless because they do not have money for serving their families by food. The Indian government takes action on it. They decided to Give free ration to every person or citizen of India. The ratio was distributed by the Government per person per 5kg. This was a big decision by the Central Government of India. The Central Government become the last hope for the citizen of India. The Government also gives some money to the poor people during the lockdown.
What Is The Total Expenditure On Free Ration In India?
The annual cost to the exchequer for providing free grain under NFSA is estimated at Rs 2 trillion for 2023-24, including the additional cost of around Rs 20,000 crore for making NFSA grain supply in 2023 completely free of cost to beneficiaries. The Government carries on free ration from the lockdown. The Government Has been giving many rations to ration card holders. The main goal of the government is that no one sleep without taking food. The government of India also introduce so many schemes for poor people to get benefits. The free ration scheme is also one of them. The population of India is the largest 2nd country in the world. Also, the supply of food is high in quantity. All states of India can get benefits from this scheme
Who Can Get Free Ration In India?
Each household is entitled to 35kg of food grains per month per family. APL (Above Poverty Line) ration card – This card was issued to households living above the poverty line. BPL (Below Poverty Line) ration card – This card was issued to households living below the poverty line. who can these guidelines can take advantage to get the free ration cards. The free ration is also a scheme where eligible people can get benefits if they are eligible. Many people in India are below the poverty line or are poor. They can not afford the food or fulfilled their desire so the Government of India is fulfilling their desire by providing a free ration to the eligible person in India. In the country India, many people of India about 80% have a salary below 100,000. and about 50% of people have a salary below 700,000 and 90% of people’s salaries are below 10,000. so they are not able to fulfill their basic needs in India.
How Many Types Of Free Ration Cards In India?
There are 5 different types of ration cards in India provided under NFSA and TPDS, which are as follows:
- Priority Household (PHH) ration card – This card is given to households that meet the eligibility criteria set by the respective state governments. Each household is entitled to 5kg of food grains per person per month.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) ration card – This card is issued to households that are identified by the state governments. Each household is entitled to 35kg of food grains per month per family.
- APL (Above Poverty Line) ration card – This card was issued to households living above the poverty line.
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) ration card – This card was issued to households living below the poverty line.
- Annapoorna Yojana (AY) ration card – This card was given to older people who are poor and above 65 years.
Please note that the APL, BPL, and AY ration cards are no longer issued in India. Currently, only the PPH and AAY cards are issued under the NFSA.
Below are the details of the ration cards issued under the NFSA and TPDS.
Ration cards under NFSA, 2013
NFSA provides ration cards that are issued by the respective state governments. The distribution of food in fair-price shops is as per the quantity and quality mentioned in the NFSA. The different types of ration cards under NFSA are:
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- This type of ration card is given to impoverished families identified by the state governments.
- Persons who do not have a stable income are issued this card.
- Unemployed people, women, and old aged people fall under this category.
- These cardholders are eligible to receive 35kg of food grains per month per family.
- They receive food grains at the subsidized price of Rs.3 per kg for rice, Rs.2 per kg for wheat, and Rs.1 per kg for coarse grains.
Priority Household (PHH)
- Households that are not covered under AAY fall under PHH.
- The state governments identify priority household households under the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) according to their exclusive and inclusive guidelines.
- PHH cardholders will receive 5kg of food grains per person per month.
- Food grains are at the subsidized price of Rs.3 per kg for rice, Rs.2 per kg for wheat, and Rs.1 per kg for coarse grains for these cardholders.
Below Poverty Line (BPL)
- Families that have BPL cards are those who are living below the poverty line as specified by the state government.
- BPL families receive 10kg to 20kg of food grains per family per month at 50% of the economic cost.
- The subsidized end retail price for specified quantities of wheat, rice, sugar, and other items varies from State to State. Every state government fixes different rates per quantity.
Above Poverty Line (APL)
- The families that have this card are the ones who are living above the poverty line as specified by the state government.
- APL households receive 10kg to 20kg of food grains per family per month at 100% of the economic cost.
- Every state government fixes a subsidized retail rate for rice, wheat, sugar, and kerosene oil for a certain quantity
Annapoorna Yojana (AY)
AY ration cards are given to elderly people who are poor and above 65 years.
Cardholders get 10 kgs of food grains per month under this card.
- The State Governments issue these cards to the older people who come under this scheme as specified by them.
How To Apply For New Free Ration Card?
There are various methods to apply for new ration cards in India online/offline also. In India, each state has their system to apply for new ration cards. First of all, you should be eligible to apply for new ration cards.
Normally the process of getting a new ration card was tedious where normally people filled out the application for new ration cards where the applicant travelers to the office and take the application forms after all was filled out by the applicants then they had to fill the application with attachments the documents of which are essentials. after applying with a small amount of fee. They will then have to pay their fee at the office, along with the applications and forms. This was the high of digitization for some states, while others pushed for an even better system. there are also many other methods to apply for the free ration card. Some Online and online there are many ways to apply for the free ration cards.
The most important part of the system you can apply online from any side of the country India. The form you can apply is in real-time and is much faster than the lines. Applying the online process saves your time also paperless and much sufficient and much convenient. However, people can apply for their free ration cards online or digitally the process of digitally applying for free ration cards is much easier.
You Can Apply For New Free Ration Cards From Below The Links:-
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Click on this Link|
|Andhra Pradesh||Click on this Link|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click on this Link|
|Bihar||Click on this Link|
|Chattisgarh||Click on this Link|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Click on this Link|
|Delhi||Click on this Link|
|Gujrat||Click on this Link|
|Haryana||Click on this Link|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click on this Link|
|Jammu Kashmir||Click on this Link|
|Jharkhand||Click on this Link|
|Karnataka||Click on this Link|
|Kerala||Click on this Link|
|Maharashtra||Click on this Link|
|Mizoram||Click on this Link|
|Odisha||Click on this Link|
|Punjab||Click on this Link|
|Telangana||Click on this Link|
|Tripura||Click on this Link|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click on this Link|
|West Bengal||Click on this Link|
Who Can Apply The Free Ration Cards?
Citizen of India who permanently lives in India But……
He/she has certain eligibility to get the Free ration card.
He/She or another member of ration cards does not apply for another ration Card or is not a member of other ration cards.
Free ration cards are now used in India for some families by providing free ration to their families by the Government of India. There have many challenges in front of the Indian Government. Where they have to overcome the people from the poverty lines.
What Are The Advantage Of Using the Digital Free Ration Cards?
- They are harder to duplicate than their paper booklet.
- They last longer since they are made from plastic and don’t rip or get spoiled due to water or age.
- They can be used by fair price shops since the technology would be provided and tracked easily which reduced fake entries or mentioning incorrect amounts of food and grain provided, especially when used to be handled.
Essential Documents For Applying for New Free Ration Cards
- Surrender certificate/ Deletion certificate/ No card certificate if there is no previous family card
- Proof of identity and residence
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard.
- Three passport-sized photographs
- Details about earlier applications and rejections (if applicable)
- Details of any LPG connection
- Mobile number/email id
Proof Of Identity To Apply For A Free Ration Card:
- Aadhaar card
- Employee identity card
- Voter ID
- Any government-issued identity card
- Health care (including the Aaragoyasri card)
- Driving license
Address Proof To Apply For Free Ration Card:
- Voter ID
- House ownership document/ rental agreement
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
- Any recent utility bill including electricity, water, and gas bills
- The first page of the bank passbook
For Member Removal / Deleting:
- Death certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Marriage certificate
For Member Adding / Including:
Free Ration Cards Are More efficient For people Who are in really needed.
Free ration Cards are too much greater who needs this scheme?.yes, this scheme gives advantages to those families who can not afford their monthly ration from the local shop. They are very poor. Their monthly income is too much low. They are not financially stable. They are also not strong in their capital income. Their basic needs are fulfilled by the Government of India. The government is also engaging many people who have deserved this scheme. Free Ration cards scheme are taken by many Indians. This is one of the successful running schemes of them. Behind the Free Ration Scheme, there are so many benefits that are taken by the people of India. The scheme gives advantages to the public of India who deserve the scheme. Free rations are also promoted by the Central Government of India.And State Government of India. There are many advantages of this scheme. The Free ration cards are introduced by the Government of India to help the poor people of India or who deserved the Free ration scheme then if the people who will not know this scheme then there is no matter. Because the Free Ration scheme is really good for people who are not financially stable so that s why this scheme is Goods for the people of India . The information about free ration cards is cheerfully available on the website so that you can check the website and apply for the Free Ration cards if you are eligible for this scheme.
Why Government Of India Give Free Ration To The People?
The government of India Gives a free ration to the people of India. Because the public of India is too poor. About 90% of poor people Lives In India. They 90% of them 60% to 70% people are struggling for food and are also facing many problems Like unemployment, uneducated, or lack of Money. or other problems which stop them to become financial freedom. Of these problems, the Government of India take this step. So the people of India overcome this problem. And then Government of India launches the scheme of Free ration cards scheme where the Government of India is taking one step towards the poor people overcome this problem. However, the Government is serious about this problem. These steps are more changeable to the lifestyle of the people of India. So that’s why the government of India Gives Free Ration to the public.
Scam In Free Ration Cards?
According to the available information the fraud is exposed by the PDS. Many food dealers are doing scams with Free ration cards. They make many fake id cards and then they supply the food chain. They show on the records that the ration is given by them to the public but in the actual, the ration is sold by them in the local market. after the coming of digital ration or Online ration, the scam of ration cards become low but in the Huge population of India, there are many alternatives to scamming in India. The Government of India is trying to find out the ways to fix it. But this is also possible with the support of the public of India. So the
Government can send the free ration who deserve the ration. The Government Intention is to make India Hunger-free. Where we can also participate in the Government scheme. So that is why This target was achieved by the Government of India. In India, many other scams are also run by fraud people But the Government is continually finding out the solution and making this scheme perfect in India.
People Should Take Advantage Of This Scheme
Of course, this scheme Gives direct benefits to the poor people s they should apply for this scheme The scheme also destroyed Hunger and poverty in India. If we look backward India was too poor. nowadays people are focusing on destroying the poorness of India. The Government of India is also taking part in this scheme. So that ways This scheme is becoming the most popular nowadays. Free ration cards benefit the poor people and also the government for making India Hunger Free. This person should also take advantage of this scheme by applying for the New Free Ration Cards. The process of applying for new ration cards is given on the website. you should check the Links Given in the above box. The Government of India is serious about this problem which is a big problem in India. you can share this post link with whoever deserves the Free ration cards.